Monday, September 18, 2006,7:34 AM
When Love Hurts 41

When Love Hurts 41
***********************

“You don’ have to be here if you don’t want it”

It seemed that Aya was reading her mind all night. It wasn’t exactly that she didn’t want to be with her best friend but, somehow, she felt bad leaving Yossi alone the way she did it. Her girlfriend must be thinking that she was angry.

“You argued with Yossi?”

“No…” answered Miki coming back from her inner thoughts.

“Then, why aren’t you taking care of your injured knight?”

This time, Aya’s question sounded more like if she was making fun of what happened.

“Don’t start again with that” said Miki.

“What? I’ve just made a question”

“The mocking tone in your voice is annoying, you know?

Aya crossed her arms and looked at her friend trying to seem serious.

“Well, is ironic how your girlfriend was hurt saving the woman who’s trying to break your relationship. Oh! And don’t forget the kiss… It was so romantic…”

“Aya, stop it”

“Don’t tell me that you didn’t feel your guts burning when you saw it…”

“Shut up!”

The shout made Matsuura take a step back. For a moment, she thought that Miki was going to hit her.

“I… I’m… sorry” Fujimoto apologized when she saw her friend scared “It just… of course it made my blood boils but… How can I reproach anything to Yocchan when I’m in the same situation with you?”

“Hey! Don’t dare to compare me with I’m-Charmy-the-Bitch ok?” Ayaya took an offended pose and give her back to her friend “I’m much better”

Miki couldn’t help but laugh. Seeing Aya with her hands in her waist, eyes closed and jaw raised, acting as if what she said was the most offensive thing it was definitely a good way to loosen the atmosphere between them.

“What’s so funny?” asked Ayaya looking at her out the corner of her eyes but without turning completely.

“Sorry…” said Miki controlling her laugh “I just was thinking… Thanks God you’re not like her. The last we need is another maniac-obsessive around”

Matsuura seated on the couch and took Miki’s hand to make her sit next to her. Then, Fujimoto placed her head on Aya’s shoulder and closed her eyes.

“I would never hurt you, Mikitan”

“I know”

***

“Sorry if I’ve woke you up”

“No, it’s ok. I’ve just came back and I was going to take a bath”

Maki let her friend come inside the apartment and closed the door behind. Yossi seemed worried and that she went to visit her at late night it could only mean one thing and it’s name was Ishikawa.

“You shouldn’t be at home resting? I’ve heard that you got injured with the earthquake”

“I’m better now”

“You want to stay here tonight?”

Yossi nodded and Maki didn’t need anything more. She wasn’t going to ask what happened or why she wasn’t with Miki. She was just going to do what she always did. Comfort the one she loved without worrying about anything else.


To be continued...

Labels:

 
posted by Unknown
Permalink ¤