Wednesday, August 30, 2006,7:24 AM
When Love Hurts 31

When Love Hurts 31

Maki’s head hurt when a discordant note went through her ears.

“You’re not concentrated today”

“Aah~” sighed Yossi letting her hands drop upon the piano’s keyboard careless.

The younger looked at her friend and smiled with tenderness. She knew perfectly why Yossi’s was so distracted but she asked anyway.

“What’s on your mind?”

“Miki…”

“That’s not new…”

“…and Rika…, and Aya…”

“Now you’re in love with Aya, too?” joked Maki.

Yossi gave a killer look to her friend and then return her eyes to the piano trying to remember the notes.

“Baka…” she whispered.

“Sorry~ “ apologized Gocchin fixing her eyes in the keyboard too “I know what you mean… After what happened the other day…”

“They had to meet today for some GAM thing again and Miki seemed worried”

Yossi began to play and a sweet melody filled the room again. Maki was going to follow her friend when she realized something.

“What’s that?” she asked suprised

“What?” Hitomi stopped again.

“That wasn’t ‘I whish’”

Both girls looked at each other confused and then at the piano again…

***

“Good Job, girls. We’ve finished for today”

The staff members began to pick up the set while the two girls were standing next to each other without saying anything. They didn’t exchange a single word for all morning, just a formal greeting at first and then silence. Even the staff noticed that something wasn’t right between them.

“You’re going to avoid me the rest of your life?” asked Aya finally encouraged.

Miki not even was bothered to look at her and she began to walk away until a hand stopped her.

“I didn’t know that I was hurting you so much…”

“That’s why you slept with her?” this time Fujimoto replied but with a furious look in her eyes.

“I was depressed because you dumped me after the first kiss and she used it. I don’t know how…, she managed to make me feel alone and helpless…”

“That’s a lame excuse, Aya”

“I don’t want to excuse me. I just don’t wanna loose my best friend”

In some way, it seems as if Matsuura’s words reached Miki’s cold heart ‘cause her expression change and she wasn’t on the defensive anymore.

“You know that’s all I can offer to you right know, don’t you? A friendship…” she said taking Aya’s hand.

“I know”

“Then…, let’s forget what happened and stay as until now”

As an answer, Aya just could hug her friend tightly.

“It’s ok…” said Miki almost without breath “Let’s go to change”

“Go you first, I’ve forgot something”

Fujimoto nodded and disappear behind one of the doors. Then Aya took her cell-phone, search a number and pressed the call button.

She hadn’t to wait long until the person at the other side of the line answered.

 
posted by Unknown
Permalink ¤