Monday, February 05, 2007,10:18 PM
Traveler ch. 5

aaah~ another one done..

It feels so good when I finish a chapter.. XD


5



“You can’t really believe her”

“I don’t know what to think...”

“Another world? Come on, Maki… You know that’s absurd…”

“Do you have another explanation?”

“I…”

Aya became silent while they were walking through the corridors, after hearing the most incredible and surrealist conversation ever.

“Maybe, if we can find the other girl…” said Maki analyzing all the possibilities.

“I didn’t see any girl there”

“Anyway, we have to check it. Tomorrow, take Ai and Reina and go to the same place. Maybe there’s some trail you can follow”

Both girls stopped in front of a door that Maki opened with her key. She stepped inside and, before saying good night, she turned to the younger again. Goto knew her friend well enough to understand what she was going through.

“Aya.., I know it’s difficult to look at her and don’t think about your sister…” Maki caressed the younger’s hair as if she was a little lost kid “… but I’m sure Hitomi’d wanted for you to face this as serene as you can. We don’t wanna see dark Aya again, ok?”

Gottsan smiled while saying the last words and made Aya smile as well.

“I promise I won’t try to kill anyone” answered the younger, joking.

“That’s my girl”

***

Yossi had already lost the track of time. Without daylight or a clock near she wasn’t sure about how many hours had passed. There was only one thing that didn’t know about clocks or confinements and that’s her stomach.

“At least you could give me something to eat!” she shouted from the corner of the futon where she was seated.

As if some higher being had heard her prayers, someone opened the door.

“Excuse me…” said some tiny voice “…the dinner…”

“It was about time!”

The singer was so hungry that, at first, didn’t notice who the girl with the plate in her hands was. She just took the food and began to eat desperately. At least, it tasted good.

“If you don’t need anything more I’ll le…”

“Wait”

Finally, Yoshizawa had realized who the girl was and saw an opportunity to ask some questions that she had in her mind since the conversation with Maki and Aya.

“Eri, right?” she asked.

The younger seemed surprised to hear her name.

“They told me that I shouldn’t talk to you…That you could be dangerous…”

“I’m not going to hurt you. I just wanna ask you some things”

She looked at the door still opened, hesitating a bit and Yossi feared that the girl could ran away but, unexpectedly, Eri stuck out her head to check if there was someone else and then closed the door with a sigh of relief.

“Sorry, I had to be sure that there wasn’t anyone else around”

Yossi was clueless about why the younger was acting that way but there was some important thing that she wanted to know before asking about that.

“What’s this place?”

“A refuge”

“To protect you from those things that attacked us outside?”

“Yeah. You’re lucky to be alive after what happened”

“If you saved me…, why the hell I’m being shut in here?”

Eri hesitated a moment before answering.

“They don’t trust you”

“I know that. They think that I’m some kind of trap just because I’m exact to someone dead”

“You had to admit that this thing about time-space travelling is pretty incredible…”

Yossi took a hand to her head and caressed her hair before seating again on the floor.

“I know… I know…” she sighed “But that doesn’t mean that Aya has to treat me as a murderer or something worst…”

“You have to understand her. Hitomi-san was her only family and she’s still hurt. To see someone that looks like her sister it has to be a big shock”

“Her sister?” asked Yossi surprised.

“Well.., they don’t have any blood tie, but Yoshizawa’s father saved Aya when she was still a kid and they grow up together”

Now Yossi could understand the sadness on Aya’s eyes when she looked at her. It must be really difficult to stare at somebody who looks like a clone of someone dead that you loved so much.

“You should finish you’re dinner” said Eri bringing Yossi back “It’s getting cold”

“It doesn’t matter. I still need to know a lot of things…”

“I’m sorry, but I can’t tell you more right now” answered the younger walking towards the door “I have to go before they begin to suspect”

Yoshizawa tried to stop her but the girl turned again and stared at her with a serious glare.

“Don’t worry. In two hours the others will go to sleep. Get ready ‘cause I’ll come to take you out of here”

After that, she disappeared behind the door and Yossi heard the key turning, keeping her alone again in that dark room.

At least now, she had someone to trust.



To be continued...

Labels:

 
posted by Unknown
Permalink ¤