Thursday, August 27, 2009,8:02 PM
If mirrors could talk
not Traveller update yet, sorry. As soon as possible, I promise :P
Until then, enjoy this little fluff TakaGaki story.


If mirrors could talk



“She's staring at you, again

Kame's voice is just a whisper in my ear . I was reading the lyrics from some random song when she sat at my side. The studio is pretty small and some of the others girls are still around, even when the practice ended five minutes ago, so she's making sure that nobody's able to hear us.

“Eri, we've talked about this before...” I say, forgetting what I was doing and looking at her. A sigh just left my throat without realizing “She's my best friend, if she wants to look at me, there's nothing weird about that”
“I'd agree with you if we were talking about a friend's look, but she's totally checking you out!” She'd raised her voice a little for the last part of the sentence, but luckily for me, almost all of the other girls have left already. There was just Reina packing some things inside her bag at the other corner of the room and Ai-chan, who suddenly was too busy practicing again in front of the mirror. None of them seem to have noticed us. “Look, I know that you think that I have too much imagination and I see things where there's nothing to see...” she have lowered her voice again to the level of a whisper “...but I know how you feel about her, and I'd never, never, give you hope if I wasn't sure about it. Trust me in this one, ok?”

I gaze at our leader, looking over Eri's shoulder. She seems to have stopped her solo rehearsal and now she's just staring at her own reflection in the mirror. I can see that little frown in her face that only appears when she's struggling, trying to resolve whatever it's going on inside her head. I wonder (and in the deepest part of my heart, hope) if there's any possibility that I'm the reason of her uneasiness.

“According to you, oh Almighty Turtle, what should I do now?”
“Well...” she takes a moment to think the right words before answering “You could show her, somehow, that you are interested in developing your relationship with her to a level beyond any friendship bonds”
“And how I'm supposed to do that? You know that Ai-chan can be really naïve about those things”
“That's something you'll have to figure out yourself” she said, sticking out her tongue and mocking at me “I'm not going to be the one doing all the thinking here”

You know the world is near its end when you found the Erien being the mature one in a conversation.

“Thank you, Eri, for everything” And I truly am, thankful. She's the one who's been there all those times, when I can't bear to spend the night in the same room with my best friend because this stupid longing for her is killing me inside. She's been the one holding me in her arms while I can't stop crying and I want to die 'cause I'm afraid to take a step further. She's the one who never asks anything in return...
“Thank me when you get the girl”

And with a bright smile in her face, she stands up and go join Tanakacchi. They seem ready to leave, something that reminds me that I should get going too if I don't wanna find myself alone in this room with Ai-chan. That would be rather troublesome right now. So, I drink some water, put the bottle and the lyrics I was reading inside my bag and stand up, heading to the exit. I took my cell-phone to check if I have any message and I'm about to crash against a closed door when I raise my head in time enough to stop just two inches away from it.

“Uoha..., that was close” Who the hell closed the door, anyway? I look around, Eri and Tanakacchi already gone. That means that I'm alone with Ai-chan “Better get out of here, Risa” I say to myself.

You know when you think that your life can't get worse and then, suddenly, it does? Well, that's what I've thought the moment that I've realized that the door isn't opening. I turn the knob again, wishing desperately that it's just my imagination playing some cruel game with my mind, and I pull to open it. Nothing. The damn door is locked. Just when I'm about to shout for some help from outside, my cell-phone rings. I've got an email and something tells me that it's one that I'm not going to like.

Hey, PPP here. I'd thought that I could give you two some time alone, if you don't use it wisely I'll tell Ai-chan myself, you're warned. Oh!, and don't try to ask for help, I've made sure that there won't be anyone around in at least two hours. Have fun!

Eri

Psd: I know you hate me right now, but take a deep breath and live the moment.


“I'm gonna kill her, I swear! I'm gonna kill that turtle and make soup with her for dinner!”
“Gaki-san?” Oh God “What's wrong?”

Live the moment
, she said. Well, I don't think I'm gonna live much longer if Ai-chan keeps staring at me like that.

“Hm... door.., we're locked in here” I manage to say.
“Oh” I don't know if she didn't understand what I said or if she doesn't care. Ai takes her towel, dry some sweat of her face and I wanna shout because she looks extremely hot like that and I'm dying to touch her.

Live the moment. Kame's words echoing in my head. I read the message again and looking at my phone it occurred to me that I could call my manager or someone else to come and rescue me. What I coward I am... I'm tired of this. I'm tired of running away from these feelings, tired of using Eri as a safety shield... I wanna be myself again and if the only way is taking a step further, I'll do it. I'm done being a coward.

But, how I'm supposed to do this? I told Kame, Ai-chan is too naïve and a simple I love you won't work. Think, Niigaki. You'll be alone with her in this dance studio for almost two hours at least, that's plenty of time, even if you want just to watch her practicing, looking at her perfect waist and her hips moving slowly... She loves torturing me, doesn't she?

Breath...

That's it. Two can play that game.

“Ne, Ai-chan...” I say, dropping my bag again at the floor and walking towards her.
“Huh?”
“Something's bothering me lately and I wonder if you could help me”
“Sure”
“It's about the way I dance. Do you find it... sexy?”

That, definitely, captured her attention and I could swear that I've heard her gulp.

“I guess it's fine?” she answers diverting her eyes from me. Is she nervous?
“Mou, Ai-chan, I'm serious about this! Every time I look at you or Kame dancing, the way you move it seems so natural, so easy, but then, when I try it myself, I still feel like if I'd got some stick in my ass”
“Your ass seems pretty fine to me...”

I've heard that. I guess she didn't mean to say it out loud 'cause she's as surprised as me and now she seems to really regret to be locked in here. I don't know what I'm doing anymore, but this is going too well to stop now.

“Come here” I put myself front of the mirror and gesture her to stand close behind me.
“What?”
“Come here. I want to show you in a way you can understand what I'm saying”
“Risa, I don't think it's...”
“It's ok, come on” as soon as she's behind me, I took her hands and place them at both sides of my hips. I do it slowly, letting her feel my movements “See?” I say now with a huskier tone in my voice. God, if this doesn't work I'll kill myself to stop the agony “It feels right to you?”

I swear I didn't mean it to sound like that, but hearing her gulp again tells me that I'm on the right track.

“Yeah”

It's now or never. If I don't do this I'll regret it the rest of my life.

“You know...” I begin to say, taking her hands again in mine and placing them a little higher, right over the hem of my pants and under the fabric of my shirt, making my skin burn at the contact “Eri says that you've been staring at me the whole week. Is that true?”

I look at our reflection in the mirror and there's that frown on her forehead again. She seems to be scolding herself for being discovered and struggling with what she should say next. After a few seconds, she simply nods.

Kame, you don't know how much I love you right now.

“Why? I can't help but ask.
“Because you're too gorgeous to not do so”

I wasn't expecting and answer so straight forward. She seems to have reached a point where she doesn't need or want to be rational anymore and, suddenly, her hands are bolder, beginning to explore under my shirt on its own accord. This is too much, too good to be true, and I'm going to surrender and kiss her once and for all if I can't stay cool at least for a few more minutes. I need to know that we both want the same.

“And..., what are you thinking while looking at me?”
“That I miss you” Here eyes are closed now and seems to be really enjoying what she's doing “That now there're others closer to you and we don't talk anymore, others that soon or later will see how beautiful you've became and will steal you away from me, forever. That I am a coward...” her voice seems weak now “...'cause I've knew from the beginning how beautiful you were...”
“Ai-chan...”
“And lately..., It's been overwhelming. It seems like you've been doing it on purpose to torment me. The way you move, the way you smile, the sound of your voice when you're humming some random song... It makes me...”

She seems to hesitate. There's no place for doubt, Takahashi, not after all you've said.

I turn to face her and I can see clearly that she's ashamed. Her hands disappear suddenly of my skin and I feel lost. There's fear in her eyes.

Don't step back now, please.


“Tell me” I encourage her. She's staring at the floor, trying to avoid me, until I take her hands again and put them in my back, holding me. I place mine in both sides of her face and raise her head, forcing her to look at me “Please, Ai-chan, tell me”
“I want you”

I smile. I smile as I've never smiled before, and my heart is jumping out of his place, and a little turtle in my head is dancing like crazy... and then she's smiling too, and I swear that it's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen in my whole life.

“Then, take me” I say without thinking.
“What?! Now?!”

I don't know what I'm doing anymore. Should we wait? Talk? Maybe I'm going too fast, maybe she's not ready for this, maybe the place where we work almost every day isn't the best... The only thing I'm sure is that I miss her hands caressing my skin and that I'm hungry of her.

“Yes, now”
“But we can't here... Anyone could...” She's stopped mid sentence. My lips are on hers preventing that any other word leaves her mouth.
“We're going to be stuck in here for at least another hour and no one is going to disturb us”
“How do you...?”
“Stop talking” For God's sake “Haven't we lost enough time already?”

She's going to say something again but I'm faster. I surround Ai's neck with my arms and pull her closer, capturing her lips with mine in an eagerly awaited kiss. She doesn't seem to react at first, but probably it's my fault for being too bold for her mind to process in time, she've always done things on her own pace after all. Then, I feel her arms tightening the grip around my waist, wanting me closer, even if there's no distance already between us, and it's the signal that tells me that she's stopped thinking.

Don't know how, but in the blink of an eye my back is against the mirror and her tongue inside my mouth. I think I'm going to like this new side of her very much. She's wild, bold, aggressive and tastes like fresh water of an overflowed river. And I'm drowning.

She's broken the kiss and just when I'm going to complain, I feel her teeth nibbling my earlobe and one of her hands going painfully slow from my back to my butt. I can't help but moan and grab her head with my hands, entangling my fingers with her wet hair. I don't need to see it, I can feel her mouth to turn into a huge, satisfied, grin against my skin. She continues, leaving a path of hungry kisses down my neck until she's stopped by the fabric of my shirt and growls.

“Something's wrong?” I ask her playfully, half laughing, half frustrated 'cause she's stopped.

Ai-chan doesn't answer and, for a moment, I fear again that she's having second thoughts about this. But no. Then she looks at me, fiercely, like a starving predator, and devours me with her gaze just a second before of doing it with her mouth.

“This... off... now” Ai-chan says with faltering voice, already lifting the piece of cloth without asking permission.

And here I was thinking that I was going too fast...

+++

I take a glance at my watch. We still have some time left 'til Eri (or whoever she asked to open the door) comes back.

We're now sitting on the floor together, my back against the mirror and Ai-chan curled up between my legs. Clothes are back on, emotions under control again... Probably, someone who'd see us right now couldn't tell that we've been entangled in a hot and sweaty battle just a few minutes before. Passion isn't completely gone, though (God knows that I'm dying to get out of here and take her home with me), but this is one of those moments where you're fine just holding the other one in your arms, knowing that she feels the same.

“I'll never be able to see this room the same way” she laughs softly, playing with a lock of my hair.
“I know what you mean. I can't look at that mirror at practice anymore without imagining you naked..”
“Hey!” she's blushing madly and makes her look amazingly gorgeous.
“I'm just saying. It's gonna be a bit difficult to stay focused on work and you know it, leader. Thank Kame about that”
“Eri?”
“I told you, she's been trying the whole week to convince me that you were interested back and today she seemed really, really, sure about it; so the turtle decided on her own that the best she could do was to lock us in here until we'd resolved our little problem
“Uuhm...” my girl (that still sounds weird) seems to be thinking about something important right now. 'That' frown, remember?
“What?”
“Reina” she sighs “She probably encouraged Eri to do it”

I must look really confused right now. Ai-chan turns a bit to face me properly.

“Remember last week, when we went to karaoke with Eri, Reina and JunJun?” I nod and she continues “You were singing the Cutie Honey theme with Kame-chan, all dancing and being silly, and I'd must been really engrossed looking at you 'cause Reina suddenly said 'You really like her'. She didn't ask, she stated, and I nodded without even thinking. That yankee caught me so off guard that I couldn't deny it. She probably told Eri after that”
“So... you liked my Cutie Honey dance?” I ask mischievously and her face is again red like a tomato.
“Gaki-san!”

I laugh like I haven't done it in a long time and when I finally stop, I hold Ai-chan closer while she buries her face in my neck, sighing deeply and content.

And I'm happy because I know that, for now, we don't need to talk about what we are or what will happen, we don't need big words to say how we feel 'cause we can see it in each others eyes and we, definitely, don't need to tell the world, 'cause the only world we know is the one inside this little dance studio, with its closed door and a mirror that, if could talk, would tell you the silly history about two friends in love and the turtle that made it possible.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Unknown
Permalink ¤